Follow Me on Pinterest!

Thursday, January 16, 2014

I need cookies...





I know I should bake some cookies for Matthew (my youngest), but right now I want my favorite --->  Spiced Chocolate Chip Oatmeal.  I'll share the recipe at the bottom of this post.  Matthew is a purest when it comes to cookies; he likes chocolate chip and chocolate chip only.  Maybe I'll make him some later.  Maybe.  Right now, it's all about me.  Sorry dude.

First, Lola just rang her bell *again*.  We trained her to ring a bell when she wants out.  She's so small she can sit by the door all day long and the average busy person won't notice her (poor puppers).  So she rings her bell!  I'm pretty sure she rings it as a means to an end.  She gets a treat for going out to do her business and she knows it.  So... she goes out to *survey the back 40* at least a few times every morning.  The end result is she never messes in the house.  So, do I care that she gets a few too many treats?  NOPE.  Pig out, dear fuzzball.

She thinks she's a fierce lioness guarding the pride land.  Big dog trapped in a little body.



Alright, cookie time.  I got these great canisters at Target.  They were only $20 and they hold a ton.  Don't you hate refilling the canister every time you bake?  Problem solved.  These hold 10 lb. bags and then some.  Go forth and get some.  The chalkboard labels are from Hobby Lobby.




Here's my super-secret mixer hiding place!  I didn't want to dedicate one of the bottom cabinets to a mixer lift because I did all the lowers as drawers (yay!).  The kitchen already had one of those slim pantry cabinets.  You know the ones... the kind where you lose stuff in the back?  It's one of the few cabinets we didn't tear out.  Instead, my dear hubby replaced the shelves with full extension drawers, stand up storage for cookie sheets, and added an electrical outlet for the mixer.  I use the mixer right where it is - no lifting.

My husband spaced the drawers to my specifications.  One drawer just for spices (at the perfect height for those huge bottles that you find at Sam's Club).  Two drawers at the perfect height for canned goods.  A drawer at the bottom for extra baking stuff (flour, sugar, nuts, etc).  I really love how useful this storage space has become!



Let's get this cookie dough going!!!  Cream together butter, sugar, and brown sugar.  Then add the eggs one at a time...



Now add the dry ingredients and then the most important part - the chocolate chips!  I don't have time for silly things like raisins in my cookies.  



Ok time to bake, but first... Lola just rang her bell again.  Fuzzy little twerp that she is.



I like to line my cookie sheets with Reusable Parchment from Williams Sonoma.  It's basically a thinner version of a Silpat.  I used Silpats for years, but this product is great because it can be cut down for a perfect fit.  It's washable, reusable and so far seems to function just like a Silpat.  I love it.

Sorry for the blurry!  I hearby promise to work on my one-handed photo taking skills!

Cookies for lunch?  Heck yeah.


Here's the recipe, Enjoy!






Thanks for stopping by.




No comments:

Post a Comment